First off I want to say Happy Monday. Early in the morning at SP we were greeted with a truck which had another delivery from the man himself Ray Hofman. This time around it’s Rays brand new 2012 Audi R8 GT. The Audi R8 GT is a limited production car. Ray managed to get himself #112 out of 333 total that are being produced, and with only 90 that are being brought to US shores.
Quick overview of the 2012 Audi R8 GT:
- Uprated version of the current 5.2-liter V10, 560 hp, 398 lb-ft; six-speed automated manual transmission, AWD
- Audi states 0-60 3.6 seconds/ top speed 198.84
- 180 pounds in weight reduction
- firmer manually adjustable Bilstein suspension (10mm lower to the ground)
- New ceramic brake package (giant 14.96-inch rotors up front and 14.0-inch rotors in the rear)
- 333 total being produced/ 90 will come to the states
I’ve gotta say I really do like this car. Previously we had Ray’s Lp570-4 Performante which is basically a re-wrapped version of the Audi R8 V10. This car has a difference refinement and is definitely more subtle and understated. With it’s red exterior color though it definitely screams out loud.
Stay tuned for what comes next with this Audi R8 GT and for the full photoshoot.